What is Gantt Designer?
Gantt Designer is a drawing tool, with features optimized toward producing Gantt charts. If you have spent some percentage of your life shading Microsoft Excel cells, Gantt Designer is the tool for you.
Gantt charts may be used for managing projects, but they are also a great way to present your schedules and time-lines. Hence, even if you are not a project manager and have never wanted to be one, you will also find Gantt Designer useful whenever you have the need to say anything about schedules and deadlines.
Gantt Designer Uses
Gantt Designer is a drawing tool. How you want to interpret the chart features is entirely up to you. You may want to call a task a task. Others might want it to be an activity. We provide the ability to link tasks. Some people interpret that as one task dependent on another. Others have more creative ways of reading that link line.
Since Gantt Designer was launched in February, people have been using it to produce charts we have never imagined. Besides traditional project and activity charts, there are people using it to generate personal relationships, genealogy charts, school examination timetables. There are many situations where a Gantt chart is useful:
- You have a schedule to work out. You need not have to be a project manager to have to manage schedules. If you put up a business proposal, you need to say something about your timelines. What a better way to present them than with a professional looking Gantt chart. Gantt Designer lets you lay out your activities and iterate through them to your satisfaction.
- You have a team or office to run. A Gantt chart is an excellent communication tool to let your team members know their responsibilities and deadlines. Gantt Designer lets you say what you want to say in minutes, all without having to know anything about project management.
- You have a real project to plan and execute.
Gantt Designer offers you some of the tools to assist you in your project planning and execution.
- The ability to add/delete/modify tasks allows you to think through your project and not miss out some detail.
- The holiday and weekend feature saves you the chore of looking out for holidays and weekends.
- The time-bars give you a spatial view of how your tasks and activites will pan out.
- You will be able to tell rightaway whether your schedules make sense or whether you will miss your deadlines.
- Linked tasks sets you free from worrying about adjusting successive tasks when a predecessor task is shifted.
- The percentage complete indicator can help you visualize and present work which is in progress.
Gantt Designer optionally carries out a version check every time it is run to let you know if you have the latest version.
The feature is turned on by default and it can be turned off under. You can also check any time under .
The version check request is sent to http://timios.net/Gantt/version and the information sent are your current version and language.
Get Gantt Designer now
Gantt Designer is free.
Gantt Designer is now at version 2.0. Prior versions are no more supported. If you have an older version, please update now. If you have downloaded the software from a partner download site, please check that you have the latest version.
To see whether you have the latest version, click.